Lock down Corona Virus in The Netherlands
Please see Dutch Government website for the latest information on Covid-19 virus.
ISIS Au pair Insurance and Corona
- My au pair is still in the home country and will not come to The Netherlands anymore, I did make some expenses such as a flight ticket and want to cancel these.
These kinds of expenses are not covered with the ISIS Au pair insurance.
- The au pair is in The Netherlands and wishes to leave the country due to the Coronavirus in The Netherlands. Extra expenses will be needed to arrange the departure.
This kind of extra expenses are not insured by the ISIS Au pair Insurance.
- What if my au pair receives a message that a close relative has died, what to do?
In that case the au pair can return home for the funeral. The Emergency Helpline arranges that the au pair can travel. This benefit also applies when the deceased relative was infected with Corona virus (COVID-19). Please call the Emergency Helpline, the phone number is +(0) 182 544 557.
- The au pair needs to be admitted in a hospital and she is infected with Coronavirus. Will the medical expenses be reimbursed?
The emergency medical care is insured when the All-in cover is active. Do you have a policy with Additional cover, then the au pairs needs to benefit from the Basic Health insurance. You can ask the ISIS Au pair Insurance for a reimbursement of the deductible that applies to the Basic Health Insurance.
- My au pair went on a trip during the Au pair program and visited a different country then The Netherlands. During that trip the au pair has become ill and needs to be admitted in a hospital. Will the Au pair Insurance pay for the medical care abroad?
If All-in cover is active, the unforeseen medical care is covered. If Additional cover is active, then the care that is not paid for by the Basic Health Insurance, will be reimbursed by ISIS. For both All-in and Additional cover, the Au pair Insurance does not reimburse medical treatment caused by Corona virus if you travel to an are which is coloured orange or red by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (“Travel advice by Ministry).
- The au pair is still at home and cancelled the Au pair year in The Netherlands. I did apply for an Au pair insurance through JoHo, can I cancel the insurance?
Yes, you can cancel the insurance since the au pair will not come to The Netherlands. We will give you a refund of the premium. You will need to inform us prior to the startdate of your insurance.
- Because of the Coronavirus I will need to change a flight for the au pair. This will mean additional travel expenses. These extra travel expenses are not covered by the ISIS Au pair Insurance.
- The au pair is in The Netherlands and needs to reschedule the trip home. Therefore she will stay in The Netherlands longer than was planned and she will need to spend extra money to stay in the country. Will these expenses to stay in The Netherlands be covered?
No, the Au pair Insurance does not cover the costs to stay longer in The Netherlands.
- The au pair is in The Netherlands and needs to reschedule the trip home. Therefore she will stay in The Netherlands longer than was planned. Will the Au pair Insurance stay valid during that time?
You will need to inform us about the extended stay in the country since this might mean that the insured period needs to be extended to keep the au pair insured.
Update new date Cool Spring Event
SNAPS Au Pair Cool Spring Event / cancelled / new date to be announced